Support of André Fürst - open letter of Czech drug experts
Open letter addressed to the President of Switzerland and to the Swiss public institutions and media signed by Czech experts on prevention and therapy of drug addictions
Czech Republic, September, 2005
Dear Mister President, Mesdames and Messieurs,
We have been considering the Switzerland as a country that has not totally adhered to the hysteria of inefficient War on Drugs. This war promoted by the USA all over the world rendered the most catastrophic results in drug prevention.
We have always been considering your country as a country having a rational drug policy.
Therefore we are very concerned by the trial and the subsequent sentence against Mr. André Fürst at the Court of Morat.
The activities of Mr. Fürst in the field of industrial and medicinal utilization of hemp are since a longtime well known in our country and his multilingual Internet website http://www.chanvre-info.ch/ is recognized for its high professional level.
Therefore we are asking you, Dear Mister President, Mesdames and Messieurs, to do kindly all your possible within the limits of law and in the best human interest in order to obtain the liberation of Mr. André Fürst and his exoneration of all charges.
Mgr. Dušan Dvořák, Olomouc, therapist, manager, co-founder of the Society of Addiction Diseases of the Czech Medicine Society of Jan Evangelista Purkyně
* MUDr. Petr Jeřábek, Ph.D., psychiatrist, Head Physician and Director of the Psychiatric Sanatorium of Bila Voda near by Javorník, member of the committee of the Society of Addiction Diseases of the Czech Medicine Society of Jan Evangelista Purkyně
* PhDr. Lenka Holá, Ph.D, Moravičany - Doubravice, lector at the Ostrava University, co-founder of the Association of Mediators of the Czech Republic
* MUDr. Pavel Kubů, Praha, prevention physician and Director of the IT section of Sananim - the largest non-governmental organization in prevention and therapy of drug addictions
* Mgr. Jiří Richter, Praha, specialized pedagogue, manager, Chairman of the Association of non-governmental organizations in prevention and therapy of drug addictions
* PhDr. Ivan Douda, Praha, psychologist, co-founder of the Drop In - the largest foundation in the prevention and therapy of drug addictions - and of the first harm reduction program in the Czech Republic
* PhDr. Pavla Doležalová, Praha, therapist, coordinator of the drug policy in the Central Bohemia Region
* Bc. Jaroslav František Žák, therapist, Třebíč, Chairman of the Expert Collegium of the Diocese Charity in Brno
Contact in English and French:
E-mail: info at artlanguage.org (please write André Fürst in the message subject)
Telephone: +420 - 608 631 723
Postal address : Art Language, Tylova 2, 772 00 Olomouc, Czech Republic